Our 2021 furniture giveaway will take place on Saturday, August 21st!
We want to welcome you to our community with some FREE furniture! The iHouse Market will be held at the A&M Church of Christ (2475 Earl Rudder Fwy S, College Station) from 8 AM -12 PM on Saturday, August 21st. We will have furniture and household goods to choose from! Sign up for the market will open on Monday, August 16th and space will be limited. Please note that new international students will be given priority.
The iHouse Market is an opportunity to welcome new international students from all over the world to Aggieland! Many students arrive in College Station with little more than a suit case, so the iHouse Market is a time where we can bless these students with furniture and other household items needed for their apartments, for free! Our goal is build long lasting relationships with international students and show the love of Christ with students who have the opportunity to return home and share the Gospel.
We are so thankful for all donations we receive. In order to bless these students in the best way possible, please see a list below of the gently used items we are accepting for the iHouse Market.
ITEMS WE ACCEPT:
- Furniture – most needed items: desks, beds (no King size), dressers, couches, chairs (living, dining, desk), dining tables
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Mattresses/Bed Frames (no headboards)
- Small Appliances – most needed items: microwaves, rice cookers, coffee makers, blenders, toaster ovens
- Dishes/Kitchen Items – sets of four preferred (dishes, cups, utensils)
PLEASE DO NOT DONATE:
- Worn, Stained, or Torn items
- King Sized mattresses
- Bedding, sheets, blankets
- Clothes / Shoes
- Home decor
- Large Appliances – washers, dryers, refrigerators
- Computer Equipment – monitors, laptops, printers
- Phones – cellular, cordless, or corded phones
DONATION DROP OFFS:
JM Portable Buildings has very generously donated a unit to store furniture for the summer and it will be located in the parking lot at the A&M Church of Christ. Volunteers will be available on the days and times listed below to help unload.
June Drop Offs:
- Saturday, June 5th from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Wednesday, June 9th from 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Saturday, June 19th from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Wednesday, June 30th from 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
July Drop Offs:
- Saturday, July 10th from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Wednesday, July 14th from 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Saturday, July 24th from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM **
- Wednesday, July 28th from 6:00 PM – 7:00PM**
**These dates will be available only if we have not yet reached our maximum needs.
We ask your help in bringing your donations to us by doing your best to find a friend who can help you move your donations if you do not have a large enough vehicle to do so yourself. If you are unable to make one of the drop off dates/times above, please email iHouseaggieland@gmail.com to arrange a time that works with your schedule.